Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Good Deed

I don't usually post unless there is a picture to go with it-but today is an exception! I was the lucky receiver of a good deed and since this is my journal too, I wanted to remember it. Yesterday I went for a walk with my friend, Cindy. I was so proud of myself because I went to the gas station and aired up the tires on my jogging stroller so we could go walking. About 1 block into the walk, it sounded like someone shot a gun at us! In Addie's words: "It sounded like a bomb!" I looked down and realized that I had filled the tires too full-and one had completely blown the tube! We were laughing so hard-but then we didn't know what to do! We decided to go to a friends house close by, and see if we could trade my stroller for hers just to finish the walk. She gladly let us and we finished our walk. After I left I completely forgot to return her stroller until later that evening. As I was unloading hers and loading mine back into my van, I made the comment that now I was going to have to see if I could fix the tire. She simply replied, "Oh-I already fixed it." I couldn't belive it! She probably had a million other things to do-but she took the time to fix my stroller tire. Just because! It was a small thing to her-but made a big impression on me. What an amazing example of simple service! I just hope I can be more like that! Thanks Kaelyn! You're AMAZING!

5 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

Tia-what a great story to share. That is one amazing friend you have. Way to go Kaelyn. I too appreciate her example!

Deanne said...

Yeah for good deed doers! It motivates me!

Tom and Sue said...

Wow. Hope I can be as thoughful as Kaelyn someday! Great post! And the pics of your cute family in Utah were great! Glad you guys could celebrate as a family! Nice job, David!

The Welker Family said...

So funny! Kaelyn IS amazing! How nice of her. I love your Utah pictures too. Your kiddo's are so cute!

Allred's said...

WOW, T...what a sweet friend you have in her. I love good people so much.